Wednesday, January 10, 2018

CHARACTER INTERVIEW: Amara from Baptism & Boomerangs

Tell me a little about yourself (where you live, who you are, what you look like, what you hope to achieve, etc.) 

Hi! My name is Amara and I live in Cairns, Queensland. But my Mum kept that a secret when she was writing the book! Sometimes people think I live in New York! Sometimes they think I live in Canada! I love hearing about all of the places that people think I live!

What do you like to do in your spare time? 

I really enjoy painting and drawing. I also like reading books and climbing trees. I am very good at climbing trees.

What is your favorite color and why? 

Turquoise is my favourite colour. It just looks so pretty! If I can’t find turquoise, then I like blue and 

What is your favorite food? Why is it your favorite? 

My favourite food is chocolate. That is why I love my Grandma’s Jaffa cake so much! Chocolate and orange! I also love apricots and blueberries.

What would you say is your biggest quirk? 

Um. Sometimes I use my imagination so much that I can’t hear when my mum or dad are speaking to me. I like to daydream, my mum says.

What is it about your antagonist that irks you the most, and why? 

Well this story doesn’t really have an antagonist, unless it is me and my learning about how to do everything right. I like that my family help me when I am having trouble. I wish I would listen to them better sometimes.

What or who means the most to you in your life? What, if anything, would you do to keep him/her/it in your life? 

My whole family is super important to me, but probably my brother Jack is the best thing. He is my best friend, even though he is my brother.

What one thing would you like readers to know about you that may not be spelled out in the book in which you inhabit? 

My dad’s side of the family isn’t LDS. My dad is a convert! So sometimes he and I get to learn new things at the same time!

If you could tell your writer (creator) anything about yourself that might turn the direction of the plot, what would it be? 

I wish my grandma and grandpa from my Dad’s side of the family were getting baptized with me.

***
A Question for Kathryn:

What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you always want to be a writer? What could you do, if anything (climb a mountain? Eat only chocolate?)?

When I was growing up I wanted to be an airline stewardess (now they call them flight attendants). I mainly wanted to travel the world without having to pay for it :) As I grew up, I decided that being a model was a better idea. It wasn't. That dream didn't last long. It took me way until I was married and pregnant with my first child to decide what to do with my life. Writing has stuck with me ever since.

As for climbing mountains and eating chocolate, let's just say I like to do both.


***



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.